The Wedge Brush Garden
WITH JEN SWEENEY
Jen, calligrapher and watercolorist, will teach us designs to add a burst of color and interest to our calligraphy work.
If elegant, delicate, & simple designs are your jam, this class is for you!
What you'll learn:
- How to create simple but striking designs with watercolor, walnut ink, a calligraphy pen and a wedge brush
- Innovative, uncommon, and highly effective ways to hold, angle, load, and maneuver your wedge brush to achieve graceful results
- The execution of each brush stroke from start to finish
- How to paint gorgeous butterflies, a variety of flowers, delicate cotton, potted florals, elegant leaves, florals with a scripted stem and more!
- How to maximize the performance of your tools
- Less is more. (No difficult compositions here, simplicity is key!)
- Trouble shoot your wedge brush & watercolor concerns
- How to embrace and/or correct the inevitable oops
- Why thinking out of the box takes your creativity to the next level
- How to add tiny details that pack a punch
- Creative ways to achieve a rustic, vintage look with walnut ink & a splash of watercolor
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop via Zoom.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for an additional two weeks following the final class session.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours with a 20-30 minute Q&A session at the end.
- You will be able to see me and a close view of my paper.
- You will be provided with handouts for download and printing.
- The same class will be offered during two different times of the day to facilitate schedules and time zones.
Jen is such an over-the-top awesome teacher! Her methods of explanation and valuable handouts really contribute to her instruction.
What a great instructor…clear, concise, engaging, and fun.
Not only is Jen's art beautiful and fun, but she is so encouraging and inspirational, especially for a beginner like myself.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Join our list to be reminded when registration opens or to stay informed if future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Can a beginner take this class?
Do I have to be a calligrapher to take this class?
Can a lefty take this class?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
Is this an interactive class?
Jen Sweeney left the medical field in 2019 to start her business J Sweeney Designs. Calligraphy was her first love but now she’s smitten with watercolor. Known for her love of the wedge brush she continues to uncover innovative ways to use this tool. When not creating she’s likely out cycling with her husband.@jensweeneydesigns