Calligraphy Number Variations
WITH KESTREL MONTES
Master Penman Harvest Crittenden
via Acorn Arts
Most courses, books and practice guides focus on letters. Let's spend some time just on numbers!
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Join our list to be reminded when registration opens or to stay informed if future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
What we'll do:
- Pen control skills for getting in the number groove
- How to break down the components of number strokes to polish them up
- Numbers that combine well with Copperplate, Spencerian or Modern scripts
- Multiple variations of each digit 0-9 for aesthetic options and variety
- How and when to drop numbers below the baseline
- How to mix numbers and letters (we're looking at you, Canada & UK postal codes!!)
- A bit on Roman numerals, ordinal numbers and punctuation associated with numbers
All skill levels are welcome but I won't be covering the basics of how to use a dip pen. (You could use a pencil or a brush pen!)
You have an amazing way with words. I love how you explain things as you teach. Super clear and helpful!
I love that you went beyond the extra mile…the detail, the explanation, both in class and to re-articulate the lesson on paper.
I enjoyed your class so much!! The way you describe each stroke direction was fantastic!!
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for replay.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours plus a 30 minute Q&A session.
- You will be able to see a close view of the instructor's paper.
- All handouts, links and recordings are found in the course portal.
I am in awe of how much comfortable I feel with numbers in just two classes. My envelopes are about to look a LOT better!!
Amazing!! I recommend that everyone takes this class. Your teaching style is so calm and clear and I learned so much!
Such a truly awesome and inspiring class. I really needed this class and you are an INCREDIBLE teacher, Kestrel!
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Can a beginner take this course?
Can a lefty take this course?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
Is this an interactive class?
Kestrel, owner of INKMETHIS, is a San Francisco Bay Area calligrapher and engraver. After 14 years in public education, Kestrel left the school world for a life of creating and teaching beautiful writing!@inkmethis