WITH SCHIN LOONG
What you'll learn:
Join in on the swirling fun of this stunning shaded script developed by Master Penman Louis Madarasz (1859–1910)!
- Examine Madarasz's stylistic touches and details
- Exercises to strengthen the foundational strokes used to build the letterforms
- An in depth study of the full lower and upper case alphabets in the Madarasz style.
- Mulitple variations of lowercase letters to add variety and visual interest
- An introduction to basic flourishes to make the lines of your script swirl together
- An overview of the history and development of the Madarasz Script
DON'T MISS A THING!
Join our list to be reminded when registration opens or to stay informed if future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for replay.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours plus a 30 minute Q&A session.
- You will be able to see a close view of the instructor's desk.
- All handouts, links and recordings are found in the course portal.
Schin is not only amazing at her craft, but also at teaching it to others!!
Schin is fun and relaxed. She pushed me to be a better calligrapher yet made me laugh through the process!
I am honored to have taken a class from such a skilled artist who knows how to break down the information.
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Can a beginner take this class?
Can a lefty take this class?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
Is this an interactive class?
Schin Loong is a professional artist, calligrapher and author of Calligraphic Drawing, A How-to Guide and Gallery Exploring the Art of the Flourish. Schin creates masterful art of many forms in her studio, Open Ink Stand. Schin lives in Las Vegas with her dog, Wuffles, and is scheduled to teach at IAMPETH 2022.@openinkstand