WITH SCHIN LOONG
Learn the zealous romantic hand of early 20th century penman Louis Madarasz with Schin Loong of @openinkstand!
What you'll learn:
Join in on the swirling fun of this stunning shaded script developed by Master Penman Louis Madarasz (1859–1910)!
- Examine Madarasz's stylistic touches and details
- Exercises to strengthen the foundational strokes used to build the letterforms
- An in depth study of the full lower and upper case alphabets in the Madarasz style.
- Mulitple variations of lowercase letters to add variety and visual interest
- An introduction to basic flourishes to make the lines of your script swirl together
- An overview of the history and development of the Madarasz Script
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop via Zoom.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for an additional two weeks following the final class session.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours with a 20-30 minute Q&A session at the end.
- You will be able to see me and a close view of my paper.
- You will be provided with guide sheets and handouts for download and printing.
- The same class will be offered during two different times of the day to facilitate schedules and time zones.
Schin is not only amazing at her craft, but also at teaching it to others!!
Schin is fun and relaxed. She pushed me to be a better calligrapher yet made me laugh through the process!
I am honored to have taken a class from such a skilled artist who knows how to break down the information.
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Join our list to be reminded when registration opens or to stay informed if future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Can a beginner take this class?
Can a lefty take this class?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
Is this an interactive class?
Schin Loong is a professional artist, calligrapher and author of Calligraphic Drawing, A How-to Guide and Gallery Exploring the Art of the Flourish. Schin creates masterful art of many forms in her studio, Open Ink Stand. Schin lives in Las Vegas with her dog, Wuffles, and is scheduled to teach at IAMPETH 2022.@openinkstand