WITH SACHIN SHAH
Italic Hand combines well with so many other styles... shown below with Fraktur!
JOIN LIVE OR JUST WATCH THE RECORDINGS
All students receive access to the live class link as well as the lesson recordings.
You are free to participate however it works best for you!
Live online course with replay
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Can't make it this time? Join our list to be reminded when new classes or future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Learn Italic Hand with Sachin Shah,
co-editor of the Speedball Texbook 25th Edition!
What you'll learn:
Italic hand, also known as "Chancery Cursive," is of the most popular styles used in contemporary western calligraphy. An elegant, classy broad edge script and a must-have in every calligrapher’s repertoire, Italic hand is one of the most versatile and practical hands even in current times. This workshop is for those who want to start complementing their pointed pen experience as well as for those who wish to revitalize their broad pen skills.
- Construction of the simple and formal lower-case italic alphabet as well as capitals
- The basic proportions, shapes, counters and branching of letterforms
- Introduction to swash strokes
- Applying design concepts in spacing and layout
- Advanced techniques like nib manipulation and applying pressure
- Introduction to 3 variations of the italic hand: Sharp, Thin, Cursive
- An assignment at the end of each lesson
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for replay.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours plus a 30 minute Q&A session.
- You will be able to see a close view of the instructor's paper.
- All handouts, links and recordings are found in the course portal.
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Can a beginner take this course?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
Is this an interactive class?
You may have noticed his name on the cover of the Speedball Textbook! Or maybe you have seen him as part of the Calligraphy Masters Crew. Sachin Shah is a software engineer by qualification and a calligrapher by passion for over 25 years. Always fascinated by letters and an inspiration to many around the world, he is an expert at most scripts and loves to share his knowledge with everyone interested in the arts.@sachinspiration