THE STRIKING HAND OF
WITH ASHOK GIRI
What you'll learn:
Gothic letterforms are sharp and yet curvy consisting of ornamental aspects that lend themselves to flourishing. This workshop is for those who want to start or revitalize their broad pen skills. In this class you will learn:
- To identify and assess the Gothic letterforms
- Understanding the Broad pen for best tool performance.
- Pen angle and warm up exercises.
- Construction of the lowercase and uppercase Gothic alphabet, including basic proportions, shapes and counters
- The use of nib manipulation and pressure with broad edge
- Basic design concepts such as spacing, layout and a touch of flourishing
DON'T MISS A THING!
Join our list to be reminded when registration opens or to stay informed if future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for replay.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours plus a 30 minute Q&A session.
- You will be able to see a close view of the instructor's desk.
- All handouts, links and recordings are found in the course portal.
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Can a beginner take this course?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
Is this an interactive class?
Ashok Giri is a multi-disciplinary artist based in India with a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Arts. After a successful career as an award-winning advertising agency creative director, he has returned to his craft of calligraphy & typography.@ash0kgiri