The Art of the Oval
WITH SUZANNE CUNNINGHAM
Updated handouts in 2021!!
If you have taken this course over the years, join again for more flourishing examples!
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Join our list to be reminded when registration opens or to stay informed if future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Are you ready to take your script to the next level?
What you'll learn:
- A wide variety of flourishes that can be applied to Copperplate, Modern, Spencerian, or whatever script you prefer!
- Extending the lines of a script to let your letters blossom
- Assessing best oval angles
- Intersecting, implied and nesting ovals
- Avoiding hotspots: what should and what should not intersect
- How to keep flourishes light and airy for an elegant feel
- Multiple options for flourishing each letter from simple to more ornate
- Creating balance in whole words and short phrases
She is so down to earth, encouraging, and thorough in her teachings!
Your calligraphy talents and accomplishments are only overshadowed by your goodness and kind spirit.
If you can ever learn from her - do it!!! She’s the BEST!!
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for replay.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours plus a 30 minute Q&A session.
- You will be able to see a close view of the instructor's paper.
- All handouts, links and recordings are found in the course portal.
Her advice about how to focus your practice and how to analyze your work from pictures is GOLD.
I try to catch anything Suzanne does. She is such a real person with great advice and is such an encourager.
Love Suzanne! Beautiful personality, beautiful calligraphy, beautiful soul.
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Do I have to know Copperplate?
What about flourishing other scripts?
Can a lefty take this course?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
Is this an interactive class?
Suzanne Cunningham needs no introduction to many of us in the calligraphy community! With 27 years of experience, her skill and grace constantly wow us. Suzanne offers commissioned calligraphy services and teaches workshops as well as private lessons.@suzcunningham