BASICS TO BEYOND
WITH KESTREL MONTES
Learn exactly what tools the professionals use and gain the confidence to use them yourself!
Learn to engrave on a wide variety of surfaces and explore the best practices (as well as the pitfalls) for each!
Take your engraving to the next level with techniques for long layouts, graphics and logos!
A sampling of what's covered:
- Best tools and supplies with sourcing recommendations
- Tips for consistent lines, angle of the handpiece, lefties
- Engraving on glass, metal, wood, ceramic, stone and even leather!
- Bur types and how to know when they are worn out
- Safety and environment considerations
- Color fill product options and application tricks
- Setting up your work area for productivity
- Engraving techniques for a wide variety of surfaces and materials
- Layout strategies for long pieces and detailed graphics
- 6 month access to all video content
- Lifetime access to forum
Watch as I engrave a wide collection of items and talk you through my process and strategies!
This is a Beginning and Advanced course all in one - I hold nothing back!
How do you keep the lines smooth?
Learn the tips and tricks I use to keep my engraving clean and consistent!
What can be used to color fill?
We'll explore a few different products and I'll even show you how to make your own fill in any color!
Can I engrave champagne?
Learn what you can engrave and what to avoid. I'll demonstrate an array of items and walk you through my thought process.
I created the Basics to Beyond Course to answer all the questions I am repeatedly asked. And I didn't stop there!! I share everything I know as a professional engraver so that you can engrave any surface with confidence and success! ~Kestrel
Create stunning gifts for all occassions!
We all have a soft spot for our own name!
Turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.
Do I have to know calligraphy first?
Can a lefty take this course?
Does enrollment include supplies?
How long does this course take?
What supplies are needed?
Is there interactive feedback?
Whether you are looking for a new hobby or you want to expand your business offerings, engraving is both fun and lucrative!
Start hoarding the recycling and warn your friends that no surface is safe!!
Start practicing a variety of writing styles perfect for engraving!
With an engraving bur, our writing is limited to monoline strokes. Not a problem!! We can add weight and shade where we want it!
I've put together three lettering styles for you to use - two faux calligraphy scripts and a hand serif block.
We won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.