Calligraphy Number Variations
WITH KESTREL MONTES
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
Join our list to be reminded when registration opens or to stay informed if future dates are added.
Unsubscribe at any time.
Most courses, books and practice guides focus on letters. Let's spend some time just on numbers!
What we'll do:
- Pen control skills for getting in the number groove
- How to break down the components of number strokes to polish them up
- Numbers that combine well with Copperplate, Spencerian or Modern scripts
- Multiple variations of each digit 0-9 for aesthetic options and variety
- How and when to drop numbers below the baseline
- How to mix numbers and letters (we're looking at you, Canada & UK postal codes!!)
- A bit on Roman numerals, ordinal numbers and punctuation associated with numbers
All skill levels are welcome but I won't be covering the basics of how to use a dip pen. (You could use a pencil or a brush pen!)
You have an amazing way with words. I love how you explain things as you teach. Super clear and helpful!
I love that you went beyond the extra mile…the detail, the explanation, both in class and to re-articulate the lesson on paper.
I enjoyed your class so much!! The way you describe each stroke direction was fantastic!!
How this will work:
- This is a live online group workshop via Zoom.
- Live lessons will be recorded and available for an additional two weeks following the final class session.
- Each lesson will be approximately 2 hours with a 20-30 minute Q&A session at the end.
- You will be able to see me and a close view of my paper.
- You will be provided with guide sheets and handouts for download.
- The same class will be offered during two different times of the day to facilitate schedules and time zones.
I am in awe of how much comfortable I feel with numbers in just two classes. My envelopes are about to look a LOT better!!
Amazing!! I recommend that everyone takes this class. Your teaching style is so calm and clear and I learned so much!
Such a truly awesome and inspiring class. I really needed this class and you are an INCREDIBLE teacher, Kestrel!
Can I rewatch the lessons?
Can a beginner take this course?
Do I have to know Copperplate first?
Can a lefty take this course?
What supplies do I need?
What supplies are included?
What supplies will you use?
Is this an interactive class?
Kestrel, owner of INKMETHIS, is a San Francisco Bay Area calligrapher and engraver. After 14 years in public education, Kestrel left the school world for a life of creating and teaching beautiful writing!@inkmethis